Saturday, June 9, 2012

Letter to Subjects


Hello, my name is Nicole Schram and I am a graduate student at Central Michigan University. I
am conducting research on the transfer of knowledge between generations. This
research will fulfill my undergraduate degree requirements.  You were selected to participate in this
study because you fall into the category of possibly having agricultural knowledge.  Please verify if you meet this criterion.
I anticipate that this interview will take around 2 hours to complete.  There is no compensation for responding nor is there any known risk. In order to insure that all information will remain confidential, I will not record your name.  I will only record you as a subject #1.  Copies of the project will be provided to my Central Michigan University faculty monitor.  Participation is strictly voluntary and you may refuse to participate at any time.
I appreciate your willingness to help with my project. The data collected will provide useful
information regarding transfer of knowledge. If you would like a summary copy of this
study please let me know at the end of the interview and I will add your name to a list
that I will maintain separately from my interview notes.   If you have questions later,
please contact me at schra1nr@cmich.edu.  My faculty monitor is Lauren Griffith and she
can be reached at griff2lm@cmich.edu.
If you are not satisfied with the manner in which this study is being conducted, you
may report (anonymously if you so choose) any complaints to the Anthropology department of Central Michigan University at the Office of Humanities through 989-774-3681.  

No comments:

Post a Comment